All 22 art Reviews

Road to Darkness Road to Darkness

well hey I like it

sure those trees don't look natural, but that's it- they are the first things that caught my attention, and the eerie shape is complimented by the monochrome color scheme.
I was put off a bit by the lack of features on the landscape behind the trees, but I feel you made a good choice of keeping it that way; otherwise it would be too busy of a background, and it would rob the attention away from the center.

Intentionally or not, this piece has a really appealing format based off the "path" you had drawn. Simply put, the path leads viewers' eyes straight to the mountain, to the tiny cave like opening you added. Plus, the trees frame the path, they fence it- they too add to the effecting of drawing attention to the focal point.

Of the mountains in the background, there is room to add better texture- especially with charcoal. Additionally, they seem to blend together rather than stand apart.

well like I said, I like it

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, I never intended for this piece to look realistic, which is probably quite obvious. I simply like the theme. You might be right in that more features in the landscape would draw attention away from the center. The truth though, is that I found no other way to use that white crayon than on and off, basically. It's either full powered white, or none at all (it was harder than a stone, I promise!) There are probably many other people who know how to use them well :)

I'd like to claim that the center based format with the path is intentional, the question is only how well I succeeded. If I remeber correctly, the basic shapes of the trees where the first things I drew (after the 6 basic lines that I used for proportion). Lastly came the mountains :)

I agree with what you said about the mountains too. There is much room for improvement in several aspects when it comes to the entire piece :D

Thanks a ton for the review!!!

Grimmjow Fan Art Grimmjow Fan Art

another review.

I miss the color! It's just an okay sketch to me.

I give you credit for trying, but it looks pretty clear you had a hard time here. Did you use pen? That's VERY difficult. Anyway,

The right arm is too thick, the shoulders are too wide, the eyes are unfocused, the chest isn't balance, and don't even SPEAK of his nipples. >_> Almost perfect!

GZento responds:

Yes, I was lacking a lot of refinement in this picture, I also drew it with a Tachikawa G-Pen, so you are correct on that, it was very difficult

Cheeks Cheeks

I'm reviewing you.

I always enjoy color. But I wish there was more detail here...

you could have drawn the fingers more elaborately, but I guess it looks okay. The left face looks amazing, especially with the expression: beautiful. the right face is... different. there's a stray mark on the nose, one eye seems of center, and the ear is- well, you can figure the rest out. I smell talent... =w=

GZento responds:

Yah Yah! I thank you very kindly! but I guess the work I did on my face isn't as great because I wanted to make Rochelle stand out more, and I'll try to work more elaborately! this is much appreciated though!

feel it feel it

That's fresh.

Normally black and white alone seem to give me intense visual orgasms because they often emphasize shading and gradients. However you've done a OUTSTANDING job of using these tints effectively to really give the hair a lusterous glow. The clothing is intricately detailed, which I'm sure was no easy feat. To top it off, the simple expression seems to hide much more than what her face is telling. And the eyes. God, I adore those eyes.

ciliath responds:

wow, i must say it makes me immensely happy to hear that it had such an impact on you.
Thanks for the kind review :)

Ocarina of the Wind Ocarina of the Wind

Love this.

I love the coloring very much. ^^

It's cut and simple, just the way I like it. :D

Chained Robot Chained Robot

Outstanding Creativity!

I don't mind the paper background, it actually reminds me of sketching during school time. ^^

Do You Want a Banana? Do You Want a Banana?

Very Cheeky :D

I love it when people draw based off of songs ^.^

Excellent color choice, it gives the picture a friendly, comical look.

Why his tongue is a banana i do not know... nor am i complaining. :)

Sorrow Bleed Sorrow Bleed

Sorrow...

To be honest, I was (randomly) searching words on the art portal. "sorrow" came up and i found this.

They say the eyes are windows into the soul. Not a lot of artists can portray emotion through their work, but with those gray, pained eyes i can relate to it.

And i especially love the color choice: red, black grey and white- all the colors i use and love. ^_^

Mr.Eastwood Mr.Eastwood

oooooooooooooh

I love the effects you got there! And I remember when i saw that movie, many years ago... Clint Eastwood is an awesome actor, and this is an awesome piece of work. :)

And the heavens cried blood And the heavens cried blood

Nicely Done

The dark colors really fit the mellow (if not somewhat tortured) song. You can almost feel the pain is his eyes looking at the grave, and while listening... it just felt so sad...

Rhunyc responds:

Wow, glad I got it across so well.. :) Makes me smile that someone takes the time to actually listen to the song and experience my art as I intend it to be experienced.. :) Thank you!